A Message From Our Pastor...
As Pastor of Hillcrest Baptist Church, I want to take this opportunity to personally invite you to our church. I believe we have a warm, friendly church, and you will feel more than welcome. Our people are always excited to see new faces in our services.
We are a Bible-believing church that believes God is alive and Jesus Christ can still save those who turn to Him for salvation. We at Hillcrest believe Jesus Christ has the answer for every one of the problems of man. God stands with His hands outstretched to all men, and so does our church.
We look forward to seeing you soon!
~ Pastor Mark Black
What We Believe:
- We believe the Bible is God's written revelation to man. It is verbally inspired in every word and absolutely inerrant in the original documents. We affirm the infallibility, sufficiency, and authority of Scripture.
- We believe that there is but
one Living and True God, an infinite, all-knowing Spirit, perfect in all His attributes, one in essence, eternally existing in three Persons -- the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit -- each equally deserving worship and obedience.
- We believe in the deity of
our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that the salvation of man, who is sinful and lost, is instantaneous and accomplished solely by the power of the Holy Spirit through the instrumentality of the Word of God when the repentant sinner -- enabled by the Holy Spirit -- responds in faith. This salvation is wholly of God by grace on the basis of the redeeming work of Jesus Christ, the merit of His shed blood, and not on the basis of human merit or works. All of the redeemed are kept by God's power and are thus secure in Christ forever.
- We believe in the
Spirit-filled life. As the supernatural and sovereign Agent in regeneration, the Holy Spirit baptizes all believers into the Body of Christ at the moment of salvation. The Holy Spirit also indwells, sanctifies, instructs, empowers them for service, and seals them unto the day of redemption.
- We believe in the bodily
resurrection of both the saved and the unsaved; the saved unto the resurrection of life and the unsaved unto the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe that all who put their faith in Jesus Christ and His finished work on the Cross are immediately placed by the Holy Spirit into one united spiritual Body, the Church, of which Christ is the head. The purpose of the church is to glorify God by building its members up in the faith, by instruction of the word, by fellowship, by keeping the ordinances, and by advancing and communicating the gospel to the entire world. The formation of the Church, the Body of Christ, began on the Day of Pentecost and will be completed at the coming of Christ for His own at the rapture.
The Bible tells us that it is the mission of the Church to be a beacon of light to those who have lost their way in the storms of life. We understand that our responsibility is to tell men and women, boys and girls how they can know for certain that they are on their way to Heaven.
More than that, we believe it is our call to make disciples of Jesus Christ. May we invite you to consider looking at the ministries of Hillcrest and see if the Lord might lead you to worship with us and experience God’s blessing on your life?
Our Association with the GARBC:
We are associated with the General Association of Regular Baptists (G.A.R.B.C.). As such we are in agreement with their beliefs as stated here: GARBC Articles of Faith
I'd love to hear from you!
~Send Pastor Black an email